1/10/11

Snow of 2011

The news was saying 5-6 inches and I believe it. With this being our 2nd snowstorm in so many weeks, I was less than enchanted. I didn't even go outside to take any pictures. I spent the majority of the day toting wet clothes, jackets and gloves to and from the dryer. But, that's fine with me. I'm not a big fan of the cold.
John went out as soon as he could and I think we saw him at lunch and at dark. He hooked up with some other neighborhood kids and they spent the day sledding down a steep road. Apparently there was also a dad and 4-wheeler involved at some point.
About mid-afternoon, Bethany & I cuddled up on the couch to take a nap. When we woke up, Chris & Sarah had gone out to meet up with John and our neighbors. So, Bethany and I bundled up and joined them for some twilight sledding. There's one house up the road that has a fantastic driveway for sledding. Thankfully, they weren't home. :-) After about an hour, Bethany & I decided that we were cold, so we all headed home. About the time we got to our driveway, Chris tackled me and somehow we ended up in a free-for-all in the snow. Very cold, but super fun. Now, we're praying that the sleet we're still getting doesn't cause a power outage during the night. I promise to try to take some pictures tomorrow.

As to other news, Chris took a job with our church working in the buildings and grounds department. The timing was God-perfect as his unemployment ran out last week. The struggle will be that I am not in any position to cut back on my hours at the church; I actually just took on some additional hours and responsibilities a few weeks ago. Add school and scouts to the mix, and we have a full load. But it'll work itself out.

Speaking of scouts, it's cookie time! Let me know if you'd like to buy some cookies! :-)