10/2/09

Friends, friends, one two three. . .

Got to have lunch with an "old" friend today. There are very few people in my life that I still "know" from before college. Actually, outside of family, I can count that group on one hand. Karyl is one of those people. But we had lost touch for years until this past year. I cannot tell you what a blessing it was today to have lunch with her. To reconnect and be reminded of why that was/is such a special friendship. And to be reconnected and reminded of where I came from. Sometimes it feels like my childhood was another lifetime ago. Often my memories become so jumbled or spotted, that sometimes I wonder if I imagined things. It's good to know that it wasn't all in my head. Love you, Karyl. I'm glad you're back in my life.

Ah, how good it feels! The hand of an old friend. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

1 comment: