5/17/11

What's new pussycat? Whoa whoa. . .

Sorry!  Sinus headache plus pain meds make me a bit loopy!
I'm actually coming to request prayer. 
For myself - a few months ago, I tendered my resignation as Preschool Coordinator for our church.  It was just getting way too complicated and stressful to try to balance that job with schooling my children.  It cuts my income by more than half, but it also takes a huge burden off of me.  It's not that I don't adore those children and their families, but God has called me to be a mother first.  We feel very strongly about the call to homeschool, for now, and I just couldn't juggle both.  Anyway, we hired a precious lady last week who I believe is going to be such a blessing to our ministry team and our church family.  Now I just have to figure out how to refocus my energy into being "just a mom" again.  There's a part of me that feels I need to be gainfully employed to matter.  I know it's not true, but it's an issue I struggle with.  (My husband would say that I'm dreading not having an excuse to avoid housework now. . . maybe....)
The other request is for my husband.  He has an interview tomorrow morning with a company housed nearby.  The position would be back in his area of expertise and the income would hopefully allow us to breathe again. 

We'll keep you updated!

2 comments:

  1. Sending love, prayers, and spare luck your way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're praying for you! Transitions can be tough, but you can never give too much of yourself or your time to your children. We'll be homeschooling this fall, hopefully in Rock Hill. I hope to run into you! (hugs)

    ReplyDelete