12/15/08

Following in mommy's footsteps

As you know, I bake cakes. This time of year I find myself baking A LOT of cakes. The girls like to come into the kitchen and watch and "help" whenever they get an opportunity. So, I guess I couldn't be too surprised when Bethany came out of the toyroom looking like this:


As you can see, her hands and face are covered in powder. She also had it all over her legs and feet. I asked what she was doing and she said "I made a cake." Here's the conversation:

B: I made cake.
M: You did?
B: "Mmhm"
M: Where did you make a cake?
B: In the room.
M: What kind of cake is it?
B: Blue no orange *giggle giggle giggle*

She proudly shared her technique of putting powder on a paper towl then placing the paper towel into the oven to cook.

I'm still not entirely sure where she got the powder. I have yet to find the container anywhere. Ahh, the joys of parenthood. Chris video taped the conversation. If I can figure out how to get it on here, I'll share.

2 comments:

  1. How cute! At least she wants to be like you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their eyes are always watching. You have truly been blessed, Tina. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete