1/1/12

Personal Goals for 2012

I'm posting this here for two reasons:
1.  When I can't find them written down, I'll be able to find them here.  
2.  Accountability.  Putting it out here means someone else knows my plan.

My friend Leah used Luke 2:52 to categorize her goals for this year.  I thought it was quite brilliant, so I borrowed it.  LOL

And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.

Goals:
To grow in wisdom (intellectual growth)
* Read 3 nonfiction books
* Read 3 classics

To grow in stature (physical growth)
* Exercise 5 days a week
* Drink 8 glasses of water a day
* Go to bed before midnight and get up by 8:30 on weekdays

To grow in favor with God (spiritual growth)
* Participate in 2 Bible studies
* Spend 30 minutes each day in prayer and contemplation
* Complete Awana book

To grow in favor with man (social growth - family structure)
* Create and establish a schedule to straighten and maintain the house
* Have a "date" with each child once a month

~ These are my minimums.  My, "if I can do this I will be on the right track".