1/7/12

Kairos

I came across an awesome blog this week. You should check her out. The address is http://momastery.com/blog/ . Here's an excerpt:

There are two different types of time. Chronos time is what we live in. It’s regular time, it’s one minute at a time, it’s staring down the clock till bedtime time, it’s ten excruciating minutes in the Target line time, it’s four screaming minutes in time out time, it’s two hours till daddy gets home time. Chronos is the hard, slow passing time we parents often live in.

Then there’s Kairos time. Kairos is God’s time. It’s time outside of time. It’s metaphysical time. It’s those magical moments in which time stands still. I have a few of those moments each day. And I cherish them.


I resemble this post. I cannot tell you how many times just today that I wanted to seize something but it was more like my child's neck than our "quality time". But then there are the moment of Kairos. Here are some Kairos moments from today:

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

1 comment:

  1. I love it! That blog post was amazing, and I became a new Monkee. ;-)

    ReplyDelete