10/26/13

Weekly wrap-up


This was one of those nothing exciting or terribly out of the ordinary kind of weeks.  I'm glad because my headaches were especially persistent this week, so I don't know how much exciting or unusual I could handle.

We started back with our Classical Conversations group after a 2 week break.  It was nice to get back into the routine.  I LOVE tutoring my little band of minions, and the kids really enjoy seeing their friends.  The highlight for me was our science activity.  I have been dreading this part of our science because it focuses around astronomy and that kind of stuff, and I don't really like that kind of stuff.  I like things I can get my hands on.  It's hard to get your hands on a star. 

However, for our science activity, we made a scale model of the solar system in the parking lot.  And I have to admit, it was super cool.  It really helped me to put the concept of the solar system into a perspective I could grasp.  I tell you, I learn so much more teaching my children than I did in 16 years of school.


Other than that, our week was filled with the usual stuff: schoolwork during the day and busy afternoons and evenings.  Next week is looking pretty normal too.  But I'm itching for a field trip soon.  I think I hear Discovery Place calling to us...