1/27/09

Girlfriends in God

I get a daily devotion in my email from "Girlfriends in God". I wanted to share part of today's devotion. It seemed very appropriate considering the past few weeks. I hope it blesses you as much as it did me.

January 27, 2009
Living by Faith
Mary Southerland

Today's Truth
2 Corinthians 5:7 (NIV) "We live by faith, not by sight."


Friend To Friend
Miracles should be a daily occurrence. "God things" should be the norm if we truly know and abide in Christ. Men and women leave ministry every day, their lives shattered against a measurable faith by the hammering blows of life. Life lived in human power is consuming and futile but life lived in God's power is powerful and purpose driven.

As a wife, mother, friend, family member ... in any relationship, we cannot lead where we have not been, we cannot share what we do not possess and we cannot convey a message of power from a powerless life. God stands ready to pour His power in and through us to a world filled with hurting, wounded and hopeless people. All of His power is at our disposal yet we are satisfied to live our days filled with results that can be understood and easily explained in human terms. I desperately want to live in such a way that one day I can look back in wonder at all of the "God things" He did in and through my life. I pray that those who come behind me will celebrate an ordinary life that was lived in extraordinary ways and is explainable only through a power man can neither produce nor comprehend -- God's power.