2/9/09

What's the good word?

That's what one of our pastors asked me on Friday. "So, Tina. What's the good word for today?" I smiled and thought and said, "Um, God is God. God is good. And God always does what's best for His children?" Bill said, "And God is still on the throne and He is still in control and He knows what will happen next. He's just not shared it with you yet, huh?" "Nope, it's a secret." :-)

I also keep being reminded of a dialog from the movie, Shakespeare in Love:
Philip Henslowe: Nothing. Strangely enough, it all turns out well.
Hugh Fennyman: How?
Philip Henslowe: I don't know. It's a mystery.

That pretty much sums things up for the past few weeks. There really hasn't been anything new or amazing or awesome. Just life going on as life goes on. We have our ups and downs. Some days it's easier to keep our eyes up on Jesus instead of down in our circumstances. But, we serve a God who is so much bigger than our circumstances. And, as a friend reminded me, if he cares for the birds and the flowers as He does, how much more will He care for us? We have had some positives. Chris's unemployment stuff was straightened out, so we should be getting that soon. And he's on jury duty this week, which gives him something to focus on.
I also had the blessing of going on a women's retreat with the ladies in our church two weekends ago. The topic was finding rest in God. We stayed at The Cove which is a Billy Graham training center in Asheville, NC. It was so unbelievably beautiful. And we were "made" to spend one afternoon by ourselves just resting with God, whatever that looked like. The introvert in me was so thrilled! You mean to tell me that you want me to go off and wander the trails by myself? Hot dog! Of course, being the multi-tasker that I am, I was going to take pictures. Yeah, not God's plan. After one picture my batteries died! LOL. So I got to spend almost two hours just wandering around God's creation chatting with Him and seeing Him, enjoying what He had made for me. It was a wonderful rest on the mountain top.